1. ABOUT GOD God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. He is the Father of Jesus Christ. He is our Father and will provide all the needs of our bodies and souls. He is present everywhere. Genesis 1: 1,26,27; 3:22; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; I Peter 1:2; II Corinthians 13:14
2. ABOUT JESUS CHRIST Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to heaven’s glory and will return again someday to claim His own and take them to that same Heaven. He is the only way to God. Matthew 1:22,23; Isaiah 9:6; John1:1-5; 14:10-30; Hebrews 4:13,15; I Corinthians 15:3,4; Romans 1:3,4; Acts 1:9-11; I Timothy 6;14,15; Titus 2:13; John 14:6, John 1:12
3. ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian as ‘the other comforter’. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. As Christians we seek to live under His control daily. It is His presence that assures us of our relationship with God. He is the source of Christian unity. II Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13, 14:16,17; 25:26; Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 2:12, 3:16; Ephesians 1:13; Galatians 5:25; Ephesians 5:18; Romans 8:16
4. ABOUT THE BIBLE The Bible is God’s Word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is the truth without any mixture of error. II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20.21; II Timothy 1:13; Psalm 119:105, 160; 12:6; Proverbs 30:5.
5. ABOUT HUMAN BEINGS People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of God’s creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called ‘sin’. This attitude separates people from God and causes many problems in life. He can only be made righteous by accepting God’s forgiveness for sin through Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross. He will be given a new life because of his relation to Jesus Christ. He is designed for everlasting life. Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6a; Romans 3:23; 4:25; Isaiah 59;1,2
6. ABOUT SALVATION Salvation is God’s free gift to us but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith. Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8,9; John 14;6, 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1
7. ABOUT ETERNITY People were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence. John 3:16; 14:17; Romans 6:23; Romans 8:17-18; Revelation 20:15; 1 Cor. 2:7-9